Saturday, January 23, 2010

50 percent tax exempt for Paa Amitabh Bachchan thankful

50 percent tax exempt for 'Paa'; Amitabh thankful (Lead)

Bangalore, Jan 23 (IANS) Superstar Amitabh Bachchan's film "Paa" has been granted 50 percent tax exemption in Karnataka as it has created public awareness about the disease progeria. The legendary actor, who was present in the city, thanked the state government for recognising the sensitive elements of the film.

"We have made a film like 'Paa' with lot of professional commitment and hard work. I am really happy that the Karnataka government has decided to make an exemption of tax for this film," said Amitabh at a joint press conference with Chief Minister B.S. Yeddyurappa here.

"I am also happy that the film will be viewed by him and his cabinet colleagues besides the honourable members of the legislature," he added.

Yeddyurappa said though he has not yet seen the film and would be seeing it later in the evening with the legislators and ministers, he has heard that the film has been able to create awareness on the disease progeria.

"I am sure Amitabh will make and act in such meaningful films in future also," he added.

Replying to a question, Amitabh said there is no political angle in his meeting the chief minister. "I had gone to Kolkata to promote my film. That does not make me a communist. I have steered away from politics and distanced myself from all the decisions taken by my wife (Jaya Bachchan) and friend Amar Singh," said Amitabh.

No comments:

Post a Comment