Friday, January 15, 2010

I can barely act how can I direct Amitabh Bachchan

I can barely act, how can I direct: Amitabh

New Delhi, Jan 15 (IANS) He is one of India's best known actors. But a modest Amitabh Bachchan says he only knows how to "prepare, perform and push off" and is not capable of donning the director's hat!

"I am often asked when I would direct a film and my standard answer to that has always been that I can barely act, where am I going to get the acumen to direct," Amitabh posted on his blog www.bigb.bigadda.com.

"To me it (direction) has been an enormous task that can only be fulfilled by those that have passion and desire to want to tell a story. I guess sometime or the other we have all wanted to do that - to narrate a credible story. But to convert it into film is indeed another matter," he added.

The 67-year-old says he is content with his acting career.


4 views

1 views

0 views

"I am most happy when I do not have to worry about the aspects of film making (other) than with those connected to a performance. Prepare, perform, and push off! It may sound too selfish a thought, but really what else could I ever contribute to it," he posted.

Amitabh feels that though it's a major task to direct a film, directors are not often given their due credit.

"Directing a film is an enormous task. Every aspect of it has to be understood and envisioned before any serious claim can be made on this. Which is why I think the respect and admiration and acclaim that should have rightfully been the director's is sometimes destroyed by a complete misunderstanding of what his or her contribution, in the field of direction is," he added.

The actor, who turned film producer in 1996, will be seen next in Ram Gopal Varma's "Rann" and in Leena Yadav's "Teen Patti".


38 views

25 views

21 views

No comments:

Post a Comment