Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Sachin Tendulkar scores his 50 th test century Big B

Sachin Tendulkar scores his 50 th test century Big B
Jalsa , Mumbai       Dec 19 , 2010        Sun  11 : 54 PM
Sachin Tendulkar scores his 50 th test century and this is an unbelievable landmark in the history of the game ! There is no doubt that this record will perhaps remain for eternity. No other cricketer is any where near this phenomenal achievement, and shall perhaps never be. The media the lovers of the game, friends well wishers and his own countrymen have run out of adjectives to describe this feat. This is shear genius and nothing less !
Well done Sachin ! You are the pride of the nation and shall ever be so. Salutations !
I sent him an sms a soon as I heard the news and I await his response. He has always very graciously acknowledged my messages and I shall wait for this to be reciprocated as well.
The Mumbai Police Force every year celebrates an evening for the families of their officers and constables. This year it was tonight. It is called UMANG and the entire film industry gathers together along with the important force and political members in a large facility to entertain these brave and committed soldiers of Mumbai.
I have lived 41 years of my life in this sacred soil of Maharashtra and Mumbai. This soil gave me all that I have today - name, fame, family, children, everything. But if I have lived peacefully, with dignity respect and in secure circumstances, it is undoubtedly because of the efficiency of this celebrated force, that has never shied away from protecting me and my dependents and indeed all of the city. Today we exist because we were so well protected, that we could pursue our existence in peace. Our deepest regard and respect for the forces then and may this celebration continue year after year, acknowledging the unselfish contribution of the men in khaki.
It has been another day spent in front of the television watching films hitherto unseen, but of great value and quality. And I am so excited to be in the company of those that follow similar trait - that of an uninhibited desire to just be doing nothing. Imbibing the good from the present and leaving the bad out is also an achievement of sorts and when you watch or are in the company of superior quality, there is an instant call to be able to take in and learn from them. They remain etched in our sub-conscious and when the time arises, emerge as an independent creative thought. Exciting moments these !!
The Sunday crowds came in large numbers to day. They had to be met on two different occasions, which I did, wondering desperately why they would want to still keep coming. I have actually stopped entertaining such thoughts and have dutifully gone ahead with the pushing and shoving, that but happens on just a sunday, to meet the fans. But I do feel a sense of emotion when I address such matters and feel that I should be a little more careful. Perhaps follow by example. Maybe not talk about this at all and attend wholeheartedly to some semblance of respectability by getting back to the great master !! A master that has deep understanding of situations. Particularly these.
I have the pictures for the day, but am getting restless to sleep in for longer hours, in order that tomorrow may be a better day …
Love to all ….
Amitabh Bachchan

No comments:

Post a Comment