Friday, June 17, 2011

Aamir Khan goes down memory lane at Lagaan party



Aamir Khan goes down memory lane at Lagaan party


When Aamir Khan and team Lagaan kick started the film there were a lot of hindrances that came their way. Everybody had their suggestions to put in because Aamir was turning to producer for the first time. While some supported the idea, a few of the big personalities viewed that Lagaan will be a disaster for Aamir. 

Lyricist Javed Akhtar told the reporters last night atLagaan bash party, "I was shocked when Ashutosh Gowariker narrated me the script. It had a long list of dont's of Hindi cinema. I thought I should protect Aamir that he should not commit this suicide. But, both he and Ashutosh treated me like an elder and did not listen to me." Aamir went ahead with what he wanted to do and today the actor celebrates 10 successful year success of Lagaan and his career as a filmmaker as well."

Talking about the making of Lagaan, Aamir revealed last night that Lagaan is successful because of two reasons. First is because of the way Ashutosh directed it and second is that no one but he had the courage to make the film. Revealing further Aamir told that Gowariker was not confident on Amitabh Bachchan doing the voice over for the film. "I was shocked and argued with Ashutosh why this had not struck him before asking me to go and meet Amitji. But, Amitji took it so sportingly and told me that he was relieved since all films for which he had done a voiceover had miserably flopped," Aamir informed.

Ashutosh again changed his mind and decided to go ahead with Mr. Bachchan only for the voice over, Aamir said. "I again went to Amitji and told him that my director has gone mad. He now wants you for the film. Amitji did not utter a word but reminded me that he was supertious and felt that he brought bad luck. I said we are ready to take the risk because so many factors had gone against the film during the making but we had overcome all the difficulties."

Aamir Khan's thought of film making is simple. He believes in passionate film making. Satyajit Bhatkal's 'Madness in the Desert', a documentary on the making of Lagaan was screened on the occasion. Aamir described the celebration as ''going down memory lane'' which has brought tears to his eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment