Amitabh Bachchan surgery ke baad!
Actor Amitabh Bachchan, who underwent an abdominal surgery on February 11, was finally discharged on Thursday night. Currently recovering at home, the actor on Friday tweeted, "Home.
A joy to be back in familiar surroundings... thank you all for your blessings and prayers... I made it again." Though the actor was expecting an early recovery, a few complications had prolonged his stay at the suburban hospital, where he had been admitted.
But though home, insiders say, that he has been advised bed rest for at least a month. "The doctors have requested him to avoid any hectic shoot or travelling for the next three months actually and this time around his family will be making sure that he follows the doctors instructions to the T," reveals a source. However, the actor's recuperatory break is unlikely to throw any of his films out of gear.
An insider informs that since the surgery was planned well in advance, Bachchan had already finished most of his commitments. "Bachchan is a thorough professional and he had planned his films keeping in mind his health issues," says the source. He has already wrapped up his shoots for Department, as well as the cameo that he will be seen making with wife, actor Jaya in his make-up man Deepak Sawant's Bhojpuri film Gangadevi. So apparently, there're no films whose schedules are getting affected by his health issues," says the insider.
These films apart, there is buzz that the actor is expected to begin work on his other films including one with Prakash Jha and Shirish Kunder. Though Bachchan was not expecting his resting period to be so long, it's unlikely to affect the new films too, as they are apparently still in pre-production stages, according to sources. There are also reports of him being in talks for another season of Kaun Banega Crorepati, though nothing's been announced yet.
Meanwhile, his Hollywood debut in the new film adaptation of The Great Gatsby, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, is due to be released late this year.