Friday, February 10, 2012

Hospital and ready to get some investigations before they allow BigB

 Hospital,  Mumbai                Feb 10/11 ,  2012                 Fri/Sat  12 : 37 AM 

 

Ok … in Hospital .. and ready to get some investigations, before they allow me to sleep ..

Hospitals .. these wonderful structures that accomodate the ailing and take care of their disease or condition .. a pristine feel as you walk in and somewhere in the back of your mind the feel that if things are to get ok, this is where it shall happen ..

The staff and the doctors and the nurses with their proficiency and matured status, become reassuring to a visitor, and there descends upon us a compulsion to let ourselves be handled by them .. to let go of any questioning and leave it in their more technically superior hands. It is all about the faith and the strength of conviction that this lot will prevail and given the cooperation shall take care of your troubled body …

I have been to many such facilities in my life and I sometimes wonder how many more to go .. which I must admit is a bit harsh to think thus, but it is the fact in all honesty ..

Quite coincidentally we've been watching a serial on television called 'Grey's Anatomy' which deals with what goes on in a hospital in the US. The procedures, the valiant fight from the doctors in treating the severely damaged cases, their own personal stories and so on .. Its extremely engrossing. But now suddenly to find yourself inside one such facility, is quite amusing in a way and one hopes that all the positive side of the medical facility shall confine themselves to what they show on the tele. ..

I wish to thank all those that have most graciously sent in their concern and greetings for a speedy recovery. Your prayers shall go a long way in bringing me back to normal and for this I am always eternally grateful ..

The early morning call for the surgery is early and the moment the doctors saw me operating my laptop, which is the first facility I ask for when I travel out, they have shown consternation and demanded that all this has to stop and that I should be in bed .. I will .. but not connecting with the Ef is daunting and brings within me a certain dishonesty. So I shall keep this short and hopefully if all goes well inside the OT tomorrow morning shall be connecting again with all the family, the Ef ..

Despite extraneous circumstances, I did get to work in the morning on the Bhojpuri film, did a few meetings in office and have now descended to my hospital bed ..

Its very quiet in here, in my room. The smells are so typical of any medical facility, and the education one is given on the various gadgets in the room is an exercise by itself.

This has been one of the most insipid posts ever … but really, there is no particular thought that enters my brain for the moment … and for this lapse you must excuse me. There are times when the environment you find yourself in administers the temperament of the location … a Hospital is not inspiring enough to put in the delicacy of words and fresh thought, and so it remains … affecting all other faculties.

So good night … with a gentle prayer within ..

Love,

Amitabh Bachchan 


--
Mahi

No comments:

Post a Comment