Thursday, August 2, 2012

Big B plans to tabulate 'Coolie' incident

 Big B plans to tabulate 'Coolie' incident 
Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 07:08 AM

Mumbai, Aug 1 — Three decades ago he met with nearly fatal accident while shooting for 1982 film "Coolie" and now megastar Amitabh Bachchan says he may tabulate the details of the incident. However, he has not clarified whether it will be on his blog or in a book.

"It is strange that the issue of the accident has come up. Tomorrow is the 1st of August and the day after shall be the 2nd of August - my second birthday! There has been so much detail and talk for this day, that it would be unethical almost to speak about it now."

"But I had once promised to give those details in the days to come and I shall. Though I may warn you that they are not all pleasant to read, or even describe," the 69-year-old posted on his blog srbachchan.tumblr.com.

On July 26, 1982, Amitabh had a close shave with death while shooting a fight scene with co-star Puneet Issar. In the accident, corner of a table struck his abdomen, rupturing his splenic. He lost a significant amount of blood and remained critically ill for many months, at times close to death.

The megastar still calls it one of the few experineces of his life that needs to be "tabulated".
"I talk too much of myself today. This is unlike me. I feel though, prompted by several others, that it was time for my experiences to be tabulated," he posted.

"Autobiographical attempts have always drawn me away from the process. It's the constant use of the 'I' that is disturbing. Raj Thackeray and me, once during a conversation at my house, agreed on this...Anyway," he added.



--
Mahi

No comments:

Post a Comment