Thursday, July 9, 2009

Amitabh Bachchan hospitalised again

Complaining of stomach cramps, actor Amitabh Bachchan is rushed to a hospital.

Amitabh Bachchan has been admitted to Lilavati Hospital in Bandra, Mumbai early July 8 morning. He was complaining of stomach ache and this has been for quite a while. A StarBoxOffice source confirmed the same, since this is the second time this year when he has had to be rushed in an emergency.

Very early morning, at two am he updated his blog talking out his health and concern. He visited his doctor at Jewel Nursing Home in Juhu scheme, Mumbai the evening before, and then came back to write on his blog.

“I was due to travel out tonight but a small problem has arisen. I developed a pain in the stomach much like the one I got last birthday. And it happened just when I was getting set to leave from London. So I traveled home in order that I may be in a climate that understands my condition, rather than stay back in alien country and subject myself to a medical from those that are unaware of my history. I drove straight to my doctor on arrival late last night and after some external physical examinations was subjected to CT scans this morning. The results do not show anything, but the trouble exists, albeit in a much smaller scale than the last time. Some more tests have been advised tomorrow. I have therefore postponed my travel until there is a fix on the problem and a possible line of treatment. I would not want to get moving again and land up in unknown territory and end up in hospital. Its disturbing to be in such state. Frustrating that despite extreme care a repetition of this problem keeps occurring. So medications and rest have been the order of the day with a prayer that there be no further complications.”

He further goes on to define his present condition.

“So many vein punctures and needles later. Many dosages of contrast consumption, many injectables of radio resistant liquids intravenously into the system as you slide up and down in the confined cylindrical space of the CT machine, your insides warming up as the fluid lines all the important organs, I have finally been confined to the bed and … yes .. the TV.”

He ends his blog post with, “I rest now in the assurance that the tests tomorrow shall also be generous to me.”

We at StarBoxOffice wish him a speedy recovery.

1 comment: