Friday, October 14, 2011

Efficiency, professionalism, dedication and discipline would make any venture

Sydney, Australia      Oct 14 , 2011             Fri 10 : 00 PM Aus Time
Efficiency, professionalism, dedication and discipline would make any venture more than worthy of association ! To be but a part of that procedure would and should ideally be termed a blessed opportunity. I feel blessed today for the manner. Each day of a new and fresh experience enlightens the mind and spirit. It has been rewarding to be in the company of those that have mastered the art of presentation in a medium that also forms a vital part of my profession too, and I can only say that even though I am well past the age of learning and experience, there is still mountains to imbibe and conquer and educate ourselves with.

Quite obviously you have all guessed that I talk of my experiences on the studio and floors and production rooms of the film that I am here to shoot for, Baz Luhrmann’s ‘The Great Gatsby’, with Leonardo di Caprio, Tobey Maguire and Carey Mulligan and a host of other most prominent artists from all over the world.
It has been a delight to be associated with a production that must in my opinion and limited experience, be described as incredible. The sheer level of management to detail and correctness in every sphere is by itself an exercise in the ultimate. And why not. When history shall refer back to the effort made in restoring the contents of a literary work on film, they must indeed have the perfection of detail, if not anything else, in homage to the author.

It would require an entire chapter and many more to describe all that one experiences on such occasions, but it would be an infringement of contractual obligations if I were to indulge in them and hence what I am able to say without hesitation is that when I do get an approval of sharing my thoughts you and all the Ef shall perhaps be the first to listen in.
I am of course beyond jet lag now. The sheer power of being in such different terrains keeps me going, even though I must admit I did doze off on the make up chair today as I was readied for the shoot to take place in another two days. Some consolation then for the tired and weary calcinated oddities that form very useful parts of our bodies.
I am now in a state when I punch tabs out of sheer compulsion … and without meaningful heart ! The jet lagged state does this to me .. I must then end, for, writing without heart is no writing .. !!

With love to all,

Amitabh Bachchan


No comments:

Post a Comment