Tuesday, June 14, 2011

So I went to the BigFm Tv Awards and came back with one Big B






Jalsa , Mumbai      June 14/15 ,  2011           Tue/ Wed  12 : 57 AM
So I went to the BigFm Tv Awards and came back with one .. the most distinguished personality of the year in Tv for the last year .. the Tv industry a revelation for me … a most complex and vibrant medium .. a difficult medium to be in, and most of all a  tough medium to be connected with … it takes the mickey out of you when you are asked to perform for it .. and I speak from experience. Hence my great admiration for all those that are connected with it, and continue to work each day for its betterment .. takes a lot out of the artists and personalities that labor day and night in its working. When I was given the opportunity to work in it for the first time for Kaun Banega Crorepati, everyone told me I was making the biggest mistake of my life. Today after receiving recognition, I am happy to have made that mistake !!
But the morning was filled with endless discussions and plannings for the promotion of the film ‘Bbuddah’ and also with the very talented Rahul Nanda for a photoshoot, with that irrepressible Ram .. Ram Shergill from London , a photographer par excellence. He shot all the stills for Paa and was first introduced to Abhishek and Shweta in England when they had gone for a shoot for a foreign fashion magazine. He has since remained steadfast and friendly and such a lot of fun. He has been deployed by Abu-Sandeep the fashion greats in Mumbai and dear family friends, to shoot photos for their upcoming book. Ram has just shot for them in England with Shweta and has been sending us the results, which have been fabulous. I cannot wait to see what Rahul and he will come up with after tonights shoot .. my own personal photographer that records all activity of mine has done a few working stills which I shall try and put up …







and immediately above, the Award night that I was just at .. in and out in 15 … enthusiastic energised and eager .. all to do with our Tv Industry, at the venue YashRajStudios .. the stage the award from the numero unos of Star Tv and BigFm … Star that gave me that KBC ticket on the left Uday Shankar and on the right Tarun Katyal from BigFm, ironically worked with Star when I was doing KBC for them …. small world, large minds, pioneering fresh ideas and thoughts for enhancing the contents of this vast and rapidly growing industry … a over 20,000 crore business now and growing … today bigger than the turn over of the film industry ..
Another trend started by yours truly and look how many followed - ShahRukh, Salman, Akshay, Abhishek, Preity, Madhuri, Priyanka …
Ok … time to be out in bed … its a shoot tomorrow with Abhishek for the promo that we do for the film ‘Bbuddah’ being directed by the very talented Shaad Ali of ‘Bunty Babli’ fame .. more dance and fun .. but will the body take it .. errrm .. always a problem .. need to psyche myself again … tedious and tiring, but work calls and as does the film and its future .. so …
Amitabh Bachchan

No comments:

Post a Comment