Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Amitabh Bachchan likely to play MF Hussain


Amitabh Bachchan likely to play MF Hussain

Bollywood Superstar Amitabh Bachchan may reprise the role of celebrated painter MF Hussain in his upcoming biopic, which will be directed Prabhakar Shukla, who has earlier done a small-budget film Kahani Gudiya Ki in 2008. The director wants to rope in Big B for the role of the maverick artist in the biopic titled Hussain - The Painter.

Prabhakar Shukla had been nurturing the idea of making a film on MF Hussain for the past one year. But the exiled painter died of heart attack on 9th June before the director could discuss the biopic in detail with him. Now, the undaunted director has decided to go ahead with the project.

Talking to Times of India, Prabhakar Shukla said, “This has been on my mind since last year. Husain saab had verbally been okay with the idea. I was planning to go and meet him in Qatar this month, but now I have to rethink.” Meanwhile, he added, “I have Amitabh Bachchan in mind, but I am not sure if he will do my film as I am yet to approach him.

No comments:

Post a Comment