Saturday, March 13, 2010

Amitabh Bachchan to be honoured at Hong Kong film fest

Apsara Producers Guild Awards Ceremony - Bollywood4
Amitabh to be honoured at Hong Kong film fest

New Delhi, March 13 (IANS) It's raining awards for Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan this year. The veteran is set to add another feather to his cap with the lifetime achievement award at the Hong Kong Asian Film Festival.

"The Hong Kong's Asian Film Festival now wishes to honour me before the end of the month. And so soon after I leave the picturesque shores of Oman, I should be heading further east to receive what I believe, not so much a personal recognition, but one that comes to me as a member of the film industry of India and indeed India itself," the 67-year-old posted on his blog bigb.bigadda.com

"Yet another moment when the Indian tricolor shall earn recognition on foreign soil. A moment of pride for me, a fraternity of which I am part and a country whose citizenship I cherish," he added.

Amitabh was honoured with the lifetime achievement award at this year's Apsara Awards and Muscat Film Festival as well, besides winning several awards for best actor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment